October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Nightmare

Author: Natasha
Title: The Nightmare
Characters: Tildon, Mike and Luke from the Reality Check Series
Implements: None
Author's Note: Luke wanted to write a drabble, but he could only get it to equal 100 words in Russian. Fortunately for the non Russian readers Luke was nice enough to translate. 

The Scene: Luke is lying on the bed studying for a Russian test. He falls asleep, his textbook resting on his chest.

Кошмар
Где был Тихон? Миша? Он ничего не видел; кикого не слышал. Где были они? 
“Тихон, Миша, где вы? Я заблудился.”
Только темнота. Темнота везде. “Тихон, где ты? Я ничего не знаю. Помоги мне, пожалуйста. Я боюсь.”
Далеко он повидел свет. Кто-то носил свечу. Свеча горела маленький свет.
 Кто был так далеко?
“Лука, мой голубчик, я здесь. Мы здесь; Миша тоже здесь. Разбуди!”
Лука разбудил. Тихон и Миша стояли у кровати.
Тихон сказал, “Что ты видел во сне?”
“Я думал, что ты исчез, что я был один.”
“Никогда. Я лублю тебя. Я всегда буду лубить тебя, всегда буду здесь."
~*~    ~*~    ~*~
The Nightmare
Where was Tilden? Mike? He didn’t see see anything; he didn’t hear anyone. Where were they?
“Tilden, Mike, where are you? I’m lost.”
There was only darkness -- darkness everywhere. “Tilden where are you? I don’t know anything. Help me, please. I’m afraid.”
Far away he saw a light. Someone was carrying a candle. The candle burned -- a tiny light.
Who was so far away?
“Luke, my little pigeon, I’m here. We’re here. Mike’s also here. Wake up!”
Luke woke up. Tilden and Mike were standing by the bed.
Tilden said, “What did you see in your dream?”
“I thought that you had disappeared that I was alone.”
“Never, I love you; I will always love you. I will always be here."


No comments:

Post a Comment