October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oktoberfeast

Written for the Tea Room October 2011 Octoberfest Challenge

Oktoberfeast
by Carol


"So how much did you eat?" I asked my poor brat as I held up a tablespoon of Pepto-Bismol. He winkled his nose at me, but opened his mouth, swallowing the pink liquid he grabbed the glass of water I handed to him and drank it down.


"Won the Bratwurst eating contest." He showed me a blue ribbon for first place then he started to pull white paper out of his jeans pocket and counted them out, "Twenty-five pretzels...four sodas...," he told as I help him to bed. "Two cotton candies, three Carmel apples, a couple of funnels cakes, a few corn dogs." He laid back, snuggling down into the warm blankets.


"I know Brett snuck you beer," I told him. He gave me a sheepish smile and held up two fingers. "Rest my love," I told him as I pulled the blanket and tucked him in. I kissed his forehead and turn to leave.


"Doc," He whispered as I got to the door.


"What Brat?" I asked


"What's for dinner?"

No comments:

Post a Comment