October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Rainstorm

Written for the August 2011 Tea Room Summer Rainstorm Challenge


Summer Rainstorm
by Carol
It's been hot as hell here lately! My brat and I were sitting on the sofa trying to stay cool by the fan, since the AC had stopped working. All of a sudden, the lights flickered, and we heard the roll of thunder. Then the skies opened up, and the rain began to fall. My brat jumped to his feet, and went running toward the front door. As he swung it open, his face lit up.

"It's raining!" He shouted at me, as he made a bee line toward the front yard.

"What are you doing?" I yelled after him, grabbing the blanket off the back of the sofa, and following him out the door, all in one fast move.

"I love playing in the rain," he told me, dancing around, with his face and arms held up toward the sky.

"Yes, my love, but maybe you should play naked in the rain in the back yard," I told him, wrapping him in the blanket, before the neighbors got an eye full, or called the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment