October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Late


Late
by Adele

Adam opened the door as quietly as he could, but he was immediately accosted just the same.

"Where the hell have you been?" Rod demanded.

"I know I'm late. I should have called. I'm – "

"What is that on your shirt? Is that blood? Are you hurt?" Rod's expression changed from irritation to alarm and he was across the room like a shot. He grabbed Adam's shirt and then his expression changed again – this time to puzzlement.

"This isn't blood. This is chocolate." Rod stated flatly.

"I stopped for ice cream on the way home," Adam said in a small voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment