October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Friday, June 18, 2010

Mardi Gras



"It wasn't my fault. If we are late, it's your doing."

"We can't even see the parade from here" I complained, "Why even bother coming if you can't see a damn thing!"

Hands on my waist steadily pushed me forward in the available space until I reluctantly had to admit the view was not quite as limited as I may have made out. Whistling loudly at the group marching past, competing music and shouting ringing in my ears, I barely caught the words but felt the teasing hands digging at my ribs.

"Stay out of the corner next Mardi Gras."

No comments:

Post a Comment