October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brat Proof

I watched Dill rub his forehead and then close his eyes.  He leaned back in the chair, signing off and then closing his computer down. I could tell he had a headache coming on, but he always waited for the last minutes to take anything for it. With the computer off, he got up and headed towards the bathroom.  It was quite for a couple of minutes and then I heard, "Stupid, damn thing," followed by loud banging. 

"Gaaaaaaaaary!" He whined as he came out of the bathroom.

"What's the matter love," I asked.  He climbed on my lap and tucked his head under my chin.

"Won't open," he told me.  Dillon handed me the bottle of Tylenol Plus Pain Reliever.

I  lined up the two arrows. "That's because it's brat proof," I said as I popped off the top with ease. 

"That's not funny," he told me, giving me a light punch in the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment