October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Thanksgiving Love Letter

Title: A Thanksgiving Love Letter -- An excerpt from The Story of Two Soldiers told through Love Letters
Author: Tarabeth

~*~     ~*~     ~*~


~*~     ~*~     ~*~

For Thanksgiving, I packed a large care package for Edward.  He’d told me that he would have a good meal, so I didn’t send him any of the traditional Thanksgiving goodies.  I did however send him some of the things that had become a special part of our Thanksgivings, which included several batches of my grandmother’s persimmon cookies, decks of cards and poker chips, and a DVD copy of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  The rest of the box was filled with a couple of new books, Reeses peanut butter cups, a fresh supply of his name brand toiletries, magazines, baby wipes, new underwear and socks, and several sets of fine stationary. 

I’d saved and dried some leaves from the yard earlier in the year.  I took my colored pencils and did leaf rubbings on the stationary for the letter I included with Edward’s care package.

Edward Marks, USAF
451 AEW
APO AE 09355

November 27, 2008

“If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.” ~Oscar Wilde

Happy Thanksgiving, My Love,

Do you remember our first Thanksgiving together?  It had been a warm and dry autumn and we still had a yard full of leaves.  We were hosting the meal at our house and you and your dad were going to grill the turkey. 

You and I woke up early to rake the yard.  We were just about done when you tackled me and threw me into the large pile of leaves.  You covered my mouth with your own and kissed me deeply and passionately.  When we broke out of the kiss I complained about itchy leaves getting under my shirt.  Your response was to remove my shirt.  You then removed my shoes and socks and finally my pants.  I was now fully naked and lying on a pile of leaves while you were still clothed, when I complained you turned me over and landed a playful swat to my ass.  

“If you’re going to fuck me in the leaves, can I at least look into your evil and wicked eyes?” I asked. 

You answered with another swat, but returned me to my back.  Our tussle in the leaves was quick and dirty.  I believe it involved spit, awkward positioning, and me nearly freezing death.  It was not our finest hour of lovemaking.  But, it was sexy, adventurous, dirty, and great fun.  I’ll be thinking of you today, of all the ways that you spice up my life and have made it better than I ever could have imagined. 

Yours until the end of time,

Nate

P.S.  One of those bags of persimmon cookies is for Gabriel.  Tad mentioned that Gabriel enjoyed them…so be nice and share. 

~*~     ~*~     ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment