October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Water Damage


Water Damage
 by Adele

"OWWW! That hurts!"

He paid no attention and kept on smacking that little paperback book on my poor, bare, wet backside.

I was on my knees on the bathmat, bent over the edge of the tub with my hands in the warm, sudsy water. The book would be unreadable after this, I thought. Yes, it was damaged before, but I knew for a fact it was still readable.

"It's just a book!" I wailed.

"Yes, it is," he snapped without interrupting his rhythm, "But it's MY book. If you have to read in the tub, read your own damn book!"

No comments:

Post a Comment