October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Friday, July 30, 2010

Hand Cranked


Hand Cranked
by Lou

My poor boy. Look at him, so sore, so tired.

"Roobbb, my arms are killing me", he moaned.

Now, there is a reason I try to steer him clear of garage sales, and the old hand-cranked ice cream maker seemed at first sight to fall squarely into the category of "useless crap that will clutter up the house". But looking at, tasting, the results, I was willing to admit my error.

Grinning, I raised the spoon to my lips, slowly licking off the creamy strawberry goodness. He looked interested and groaned.

"Such a shame your hands don't work, my love."

No comments:

Post a Comment