October 2016 Challenge

Tea Room Challenge Topic
Write a Story, Drabble or Ficlette about the Picture below

                                                                                       ~ Two Solitudes by Steve Walker

Sunday, June 20, 2010

NMF 5

It wasn't my fault. 

Christ himself would have slapped that woman. Hell, the Tooth Fairy would have knocked her molars out. And as I admit to being neither holy nor trained in the pugilistic arts, I swore.

Honestly, some people were just small-minded, parochial dickheads. 

"Some people ought to be shot!" I ranted, the woman heedless of both fury and glare.

He reached over my shoulder and flicked off radio, my startled panting the only sound in the kitchen. Palming the soap from its dish on the draining board, he turned on the tap.

"No more talkback radio for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment